YOGA AND MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING 200h LEVEL I
Through the integration of Iyengar Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Krama, traditional Tantra, and practices from Tibetan Buddhism.
In PERSON and ONLINE in MADRID and SANTANDER
- Intensive Teacher Training in Summer in the Mountains of Spain.
Pablo Ferrero leads this training. An official Yoga Iyengar teacher trained in France and India, he holds diplomas in yogic studies from the University of Pune and the Bihar School of Yoga. Additionally, he is an osteopath and specializes in massage and Ayurvedic nutrition. Pablo is a student of Ayurvedic medicine, Tibetan Buddhism, and Shivaita Tantra. He holds a degree in Journalism and Communication Sciences and is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (500h) certified by Yoga Alliance. Having spent extended periods in India, Pablo brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his teachings.
During this yoga and meditation teacher training, you will deepen your yogic and meditative practice and embark on a journey of self-discovery. You will acquire the foundations for the practice and teaching of yoga, including asana, pranayama, Yoga nidra, meditation, meditative arts, philosophy, and mantra chanting. The training offers you the opportunity to breathe in the essence of tantric non-dualism from Kashmir, a perspective that views reality through the lens of discipline and joy, leading to a more natural life in tune with your instinctive wisdom.
This teacher training will equip you to lead yoga sessions using the methodology of our school, integrating various yogic and meditative traditions. Our teaching methodology has been refined over many years of research, practice, and exploration of different parts and schools worldwide. It integrates Yoga Iyengar, Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Krama, traditional Tantra, and Tibetan Buddhism.
The training will also feature contributions from experienced teachers affiliated with the school, including Natalia Castillo (Assistant Teacher and Instructor in Santander), Martha Tena – Jap Inder (6 hours in Yoga and Meditative Dances), and Marisa Herrera, who will assist in the Madrid sessions. For more information about our collaborators, click on the following link
Yoga Teacher Training accredited by the Yoga Alliance.
The training is divided into 8 modules: philosophy, asana, pranayama, physical and energetic anatomy, principles of Ayurveda, teaching methodology, traditional Tantra, and meditative arts (mantra chanting, tandava, sound vibration, types of meditation). Throughout the training, we will delve into aspects of Tibetan Buddhism such as compassion, forgiveness, impermanence, and unconditional love.
One cannot teach something that has not been practiced and/or experienced for its benefits. Therefore, you will learn experientially, theoretically, and practically to understand the benefits and psychology of this form of teaching and practicing.
To successfully complete this training, a theoretical and practical exam will be required, demonstrating the acquired knowledge and delivering a 90-minute class.
Additionally, a research project on a yoga-related topic of your choice is required. By attending the weekend format, you will have access to recorded online Iyengar Yoga classes offered by our school, allowing you to continue your practice between weekend sessions
9 Weekends in Madrid and Santander + 8-days summer retreat.
This training is offered in an annual format consisting of 9 weekends in Alcorcón, Madrid, and a retreat of 8 days during the summer months (Generally July)
- 9 weekends.
- + 8-days retreat in July.
- From October to July every year.
- + Free access to recorded Iyengar Yoga classes online throughout the duration of the training.
- Level assessment during an intensive morning of Yoga on the first Saturday of October.
- At Matrika Yoga School in Alcorcón, 10 minutes from Puerta del Sur Metro Station, Madrid.
Monday mornings in Madrid - Face-to-face & Online
This training is given in an annual format during the week in Madrid and/or Online format. Every Monday, in the morning (9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.). It begins in the month of October or February.
- Every Monday
- In Madrid and Online.
- + Access to recorded Iyengar Yoga classes online intermediate level.
Intensive training in the month of July - 28 days in the Sierra de Gredos.
This training is offered in an intensive month-long format in July in the Sierra de Gredos, with classes scheduled from Monday to Saturday.
- Every year from July 1st to July 28th,
- In La Vera, Sierra de Gredos. Spain
- + Access to recorded intermediate-level Iyengar Yoga classes online for 3 months after completing the training.
- Includes teachings, training manual, anatomy manual, certificate, academic record, and free access to the public saltwater pool in the village.
Who is this yoga and meditation teacher training for?
At least 1 year of yogic and/or meditative practice is recommended. Therapists, health professionals, and movement practitioners often attend this training. The program is led by Pablo Ferrero and collaborating teachers in the fields of anatomy and psychology.
We are a school free from dogmas and constraints. Students from all traditions and disciplines are welcome
What will you have learned at the end of the 200h Yoga and meditation teacher training?
The provided text appears to be a detailed description of the topics covered in the training. Here’s a translation:
- Ashtanga Yoga by Patanjali or Raja Yoga (Yoga Iyengar and Vinyasa Krama)
- Traditional Hatha Yoga.
- Conscious alignment and biomechanics.
- Sequencing (Vinyasa Krama)
- Use of therapeutic props (bricks, belts, chairs, bolsters, kuruntas, blankets, and their correct application)
- Introduction to Kriyas and Shatkarmas.
- Adjustments in the practice of Yoga.
- Philosophy: Hatha Yoga, Tantra Yoga, Raja Yoga (Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga), and Tibetan Buddhism.
- Applied human anatomy and physiology.
- Energetic anatomy.
- Principles of Ayurveda.
- Fundamentals of Osteopathy applied to Yoga.
- Teaching methodology
- Yoga nidras and visualizations.
- Types of Meditation: Vijnana Bhairava, Samatha, and practices of Compassion.
- Shiva – Shakti, human relationships, and codependency.
- Use of voice and mantra chanting.
- Psychology, psychoanalysis, and Yoga (4 hours).
- Yoga and Meditative Dances (6 hours).
- Sessions for sharing life experiences.
- Fundamentals of Vedic counseling.
- Feedback from teachers
How long can I be absent in training?
We allow you to be absent 20% of the course load of the training. Remember that you can take up to 40 hours online. If you notify us in advance, we will record the parts of the training that you cannot attend. Taking this training does not guarantee receiving the certificate from our school. The student is responsible for meeting the objectives of the training.
What certificate do I receive upon completing this training?
You will receive a certificate endorsed by Yoga Alliance International that will train you as a Yoga teacher wherever you go. Our methodology is based on an integrative view of the yogic and meditative practice based on years of experience.
Madrid and Santander 2023 / 24
Format 9 Weekends in Sierra de Madrid + 1 8-day Retreat in Gredos - Complete Training
FROM OCTOBER TO JULY: 9 weekends in Madrid and 1 retreat of 8 days (location to be confirmed).
- October 8, 2023: Intensive Morning/Afternoon of Yoga. Admission test for the training and introductory session (for students who have not taken classes with us). Group a: 10 am to 1 pm & Group b: 5 pm to 8 pm.
- October 28 and 29, 2023 November
- 18th and 19th, 2023
- December 2 and 3, 2023
- February 10 and 11, 2024
- March 9 and 10, 2024
- April 13 and 14, 2024
- April 27 and 28, 2024
- May 11 and 12, 2024
- June 8 and 9, 2024
- July 21 to 28, 2024 – Final retreat in the Sierra de Gredos.
- 40 euros – Admission test (Optional if we know each other)
- 200 euros of registration (Reserve, manuals, other resources during training).
- 170 euros x weekend (9 weekends).
- 1250 euros Deepening withdrawal. (Payment of 50% before June 15)
- Total: 2980 euros
- 300 euros extra x individual hour in 8-day retreat.
- Includes: teachings, training manual, anatomy manual, certificate, accommodation, and full board for 8 days during the final retreat. Access to recorded IYENGAR Yoga classes during the duration of the training. Does not include: Any type of transportation.
- Does not include: Any type of transportation. Accommodation and meals are not included during weekends in Madrid and Santander.
- Accommodation and meals are not included during weekends in Madrid and Santander. Weekend Accommodation in the Sierra de Madrid: From our school, we offer accommodation in a rural house or a family home. The cost is 35 euros per night in a shared room.
- Meals are not included during weekends. The rural houses are equipped with a kitchen.
- In Madrid, at Matrika Yoga Shool, 12kms away from Madrid City Centzer. Puerta del Sur Metro Station (Line 10).
- In Santander, at Sala de Yoga Tierra, Santander, Calle Bo. Camino, 33, Santander, Cantabria
To make the RESERVATION:
It is necessary to have a personal, telephone or online interview, fill out a form and pay the registration fee of 200 euros.
Accommodation in Sierra de Madrid:
For more information about accommodation in Sierra de Madrid, please contact privately.
Find out in the following link about our CANCELLATION POLICY.
Intensive Summer Format
28 days of intensive training in the Sierra de Gredos.
- From July 1st to July 28th, 2024, at the Hospedería del Silencio and El Cielo de la Vera, La Vera, in the Sierra de Gredos. All Sundays will be free.
Indicative Retreat Schedule:
- 7:00 AM to 8:45 AM: Yoga Class (Asana, Pranayama, Shatkriyas, Mantras, and Meditation)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast
- 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM: Philosophy, History, and Theory
- 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM: Teaching Methodology
- 2:00 PM: Lunch
- 4:00 PM to 4:45 PM: Meditation (Theory and Practice)
- 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM: Anatomy, Physiology, and Energetic Anatomy
- 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM: Yoga Class (Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation)
- 8:45 PM: Dinner
- 10:00 PM: Optional Meditation
- 11:00 PM: Silence and Rest
During this retreat, we will engage in a 48-hour Vipassana Silence practice
- In La Vera, Sierra de Gredos.
To make the RESERVATION:
It is necessary to have a personal, telephone or online interview, fill out a form and pay the registration fee of 300 euros.
Find out in the following link about our CANCELLATION POLICY.
Onces you have transfered or paypal the booking amount we won´t refund this amount under any circuntances. If we consider, you will be able to use this amount for future retreats or trainings. We might ask for proofs for cancelation.
To book this training, fill out this form and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your interest!
Share your path
Share your path and contact Matrika Yoga School
If you feel that the time has come to make yoga your way of life and be part of the meditation and yoga teacher training, Matrika Yoga wants to accompany you on your inner adventure. We offer you the opportunity to take a yoga instructor course surrounded by the magical landscape of the Sierra de Gredos. You will verify that the path of knowledge that you undertook one day widens when, with our official yoga teacher course, we guide you so that you too can be light and guide.
Sign up for our newsletter
Data Protection. Rights: You can withdraw your consent at any time, as well as access, rectify, delete your data and other rights at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional Information: You can expand the information in the Legal Notices link.
Do you want more information about our training, retreats, classes or trips?
It will be a pleasure!